The Danube Cup 2022 international conference successfully connected researchers and educators in the area of entrepreneurship education at the Corvinus University of Budapest on 28 April
Danube Cup is committed to quality in entrepreneurship education, to facilitate knowledge sharing among instructors and researchers and to promote international cooperation. The Corvinus University of Budapest organized, together with the Faculty of Economics of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics, the first Danube Cup Conference in 2022 and received an impressive number of presenter applications. The conference was opened by Prof. Dr. Előd Takáts, the Rector of Corvinus University and Prof. Dr. János Levendovszky, the Vice-Rector for Science and Innovation of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME).
In the morning panel, 26 English language academic presentations were given on entrepreneurship education, scheduled in 5 sections. Representatives of the highest ranked business and management universities of the region presented their research results and shared their best practices in education. Head of sections were
- Prof. Elisabeth Berger, Johannes Kepler University Linz, head of the Entrepreneurship Institute
- Prof. Kai von Lewinski, University of Passau, Chair of Public Law, Media Law and Information Law, head of the Law Clinic (Entrepreneurship program)
- Prof. Patrick Saßmannshausen, OTH University Regensburg, professor of entrepreneurship and head of the Startup Centre
- Dr. Nedeljko Milosavljevic, University of Belgrade, head of the Technology Transfer Centre
- Dr. Jakob Pohlisch, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Institute for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
After the well-deserved lunch break, different interesting programs were offered to the participants. Accelerators Health Venture Lab and Startup Business Launchpad introduced themselves.
At a ‘Meet the editors’ section, Prof. Elisabeth Berger, co-editor of the International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior & Research, introduced the journal and the requirements of publishing on Q1 level in a short presentation. Moreover, Danube Cup also provides full paper publication possibilities to the speakers in the special issues of three journals (Society and Economy; Information Society; Review of Economic Theory and Policy).